1. How do I apply for a loan?
Applying for a loan with Altamaha Federal Credit Union is a quick and easy process. We offer a few options for your convenience. You may apply online, in person at one of our three locations, or over the phone with our loan sales representative. Our online application can be found on our website under the loan tab. You can expect a response within 24 business hours from the time of your submission. We have loan applications available for you to fill out at all of our branches. The quickest and most convenient way to apply for a loan is to simply call in and we can take your information over the phone. You can call into any of our three locations and ask to speak with our lending department.
2. How long do I have to be a member before I can apply for a loan?
You may apply for a loan as soon as you become a member. There are no membership time requirements for loan qualifying.
3. How do I add/remove a joint member to/from my account?
To add a member you will need to complete a new signature card, which you and the joint member sign where indicated. To remove a joint member, all joint members of the account need to agree to the removal, or the account can be closed and remaining joint members may open a new account.
4. How do I change my payroll deduction?
Payroll deduction is an agreement between you and your employer. Payroll deduction change forms are available from your employer and should be filed with them. When changing deductions, remember to indicated the total amount you want deducted from your check and forwarded to the credit union.
5. Direct Deposit Questions
A. Why should I use Direct Deposit?
- Safe – Your paycheck is protected against loss or theft.
- Worry-free – Now you can be assured that your check is deposited, even when you're away from home.
- Saves time – You no longer have to make special trips to the credit union or stand in long lines on payday.
- Convenient – No more waiting for the mailman. Your deposits will be made for you automatically, allowing you to set your own timetable for getting cash.
B. How do I apply?
Our Member Service Representatives have all the necessary forms. If you wish, they will be happy to fill them in for you. All you have to do is tell them how you want your money distributed and sign your name. Altamaha FCU will take care of everything else.
C. How will I be able to keep track of my money?
Your check stub from your paycheck is your permanent record. You can also use Personal Credit Union (online access) or Audio Response to check your balance at any time. Personal Credit Union and Audio Response access is free to qualified members.
D. Is there a charge for this service?
This service is free to all participating Altamaha FCU members.