Once you have opened a share savings account at Altamaha Federal Credit Union, you become eligible to open a checking account and receive our many benefits:
- No-fee credit union ATMs at five convenient locations
- ATM services via CU24, CU HERE, STAR®, and PLUS® systems
- Dividend-bearing Checking*
- No Monthly Fee Unless Balance Falls Below $100
- Consolidated Monthly Statements
- Overdraft Protection from Share Account
- Special Checking Account Options for Students and Prime Timers (Members over the age of 55)
- Courtesy Pay Available
- Free Bill Pay
- Online Access
- 24 Hour Telephone Access
- Direct Deposit
- Stop Pay
- Pre-Authorized Automatic Drafts
- DBA Accounts: As long as your business is owned solely by you and is unincorporated, you can open a “Doing Business As” account at Altamaha Federal Credit Union.
If you have a Share Savings Account and are between the ages of 13 and 22, you qualify for a Student Checking Account. This checking account comes with all the benefits of a Regular Checking Account, plus you gain access to a fee-free account and free checks.
Prime Timers Checking
If you have a Share Savings Account and the main member has either reached the age of 55 or has direct deposit, then you qualify for a Prime Timers Checking Account. This checking account comes with all the benefits of a Regular Checking Account plus it is fee-free and you can receive one box of free checks every quarter.
* Dividends are paid on balances over $100 according to credit union earnings and are subject to change.